× Members

Connective Tissue Disease..

More
7 years 2 months ago #182700 by Karen
Connective Tissue Disease.. was created by Karen
Hi.. my daughter is nearly 16 and she is moving into a pip..
Currently we have higher rate care and mobility
Her mobility is " ok " most of the time but she struggles some of the time..
she has an undiagnosed connective tissue disorder , similar to eds..
She is nighttime incontinent, asthmatic, has a bleeding disorder, hypermobile, has joint and muscle pain, has had spinal surgery, will have cardio thoracic surgery, has mental health and anxiety issues, is vulnerable and " young "
She goes to mainstream school and has an ehcp..
I rely on her payments as it pays for her " hobby ", she has a pony..
With a paper based assessment she would easily qualify but if she has a medical.. they may catch her on a good day...
any advice, how can I get just a paper based assessment, anyone in here been successful when claiming for eds type claims?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182721 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Connective Tissue Disease..
Karen

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

What type of assessment your daughter receives is not a choice, she will only receive a paper assessment if there is sufficient information in and with her PIP2 for the Assessment Provider to make a recommendation to the DWP.

The criteria and assessment process for PIP is significantly different from DLA, she is also being assessed as an adult and not as a child as she would have been under DLA, so I think the likelihood of her avoiding a face to face is low.

Please have a look at our PIP Claim guide for the criteria against which she is being assessed and help on how to complete the PIP2 form.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.