× Members

Information provided incorrect

More
7 years 2 months ago #182707 by Oscarab
Information provided incorrect was created by Oscarab
I know this is probably a silly question but do PIP assessors make things up?

My MR came back saying things that did no happen!

The person who relooked at the decision laso basically said she had no rason to doubt the assessor!!

In other words, her opinion matters and mine doesn't - I lie she doesn't?

How does this work and what chance have I got at tribunal if this is the case?

If they are our rights, why do we have to fight for them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182725 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Information provided incorrect
Oscarab

I can't really answer your question without risking my bringing the site into disrepute, although maybe this gives you some idea of how I might answer if not constrained.

Tribunal panels are very used to there being differences in opinion between the claimant and the assessor, the questions they will ask you at the hearing will allow them to make a determination of who has supplied the more reasonable account of your limitations.

Whilst it is impossible to apply statistics to an individual claim, the success rate for PIP appeals is above 60%.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182729 by David
Replied by David on topic Information provided incorrect
While there are many helpful and sympathetic assessors that do a great job, it would seem that the diagnosis of pinnocchio syndrome is still a way off. Many people with this condition favour certain career paths, such as estate agents, traffic wardens, polticians and PIP assessors.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182751 by soxie
Replied by soxie on topic Information provided incorrect
same thing happened to me, the assessor said she saw me walk unaided to my car, I have no car I was aided by my husband to a bench outside to wait for a taxi she said I managed to do up the zip on my jeans I was wearing pyjama bottoms and she said I tied my laces I was wearing slip on boots and on and on... I complained to both atos and dwp and got a letter back saying we have no reason to doubt our assessor so I take that as meaning we have every reason to doubt me. I have been sent a tribunal date at a court 63 miles away with no disabled access and no parking so I can't go when I asked for it to be moved nearer they said no. I gave up!!!!

More
7 years 2 months ago #182802 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic Information provided incorrect
I know I keep harping on but Please please every claiment should request a recorded ESA WCA amd if possible provide your own recording equipment for PIP assessment.

Also use a Mobile Phone to video your journey to the assessment centre, especially the bit from getting out of own car , taxi or public transport up to arriving at the reception desk.

I have been to three different assessment centres, Maximus Bolton, Atos (PIP) Bolton and Atos Blackburn (Pip) and at none is the actual distance from dropping off point for car or taxi to the reception and then from reception/waiting area to HCP'sS room more than 20m so If a HCp had stated they had seen me/wife/son claiment walking more than that they would have been mistaken, which could be proven with the use of Google Maps and the internal dimensions of the Asesment centre which can be obtained from the Local Authority Planning Dept. or from a copy of Mobile Phone video.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182904 by suemccaff
Replied by suemccaff on topic Information provided incorrect
There's a very good news site called Disability News Service and the editor, John Pring, has been collecting testimonies such as these to show the DWP and ministers.
He already has 100 reports of inconsistencies in HCP reports. I'd recommend anyone who's experienced such anomalies drop him a line to be added to the list.
The DWP need to be made conclusively and overwhelmingly aware that these things are not just one-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.