× Members

PIP transfer and ESA troubles.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182715 by SarisChammah
PIP transfer and ESA troubles. was created by SarisChammah
Hello all, I only recently figured out how to navigate the forum.

I have some queries about my transfer to personal independence payment and my ongoing assessment for my employment support allowance.

First some background to explain my predicament:

After maybe seven years of no assessments, in April of last year I have been going through an assessment for my employment support allowance. This saw me complete an e s a 50 form. Including the form and the continuation sheets and the medical evidence I sent near 163 pages.

After reading the benefits and work guide on the e s a 50 form I thought I had figured it out. This time I am sending evidence for six conditions, a past eye injury, a past back injury, Chrons disease, severe Prurigo and eczema, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I have sent plenty of evidence.

After my first assessment debacle back in 2009 I have sworn never to go again. Last time I had no knowledge I could tell them I could not go. The letters never explained that. This time round I have given them good reason. I have a tendency to lose my mind and can be a threat in the company of others especially health care workers and other people of responsibility. I have a past forensic history for other issues as well with a conviction for a serious offence and a warning for another. I have two forensic psychiatric reports and three NHS psychiatric reports as evidence for this. This time round I honestly feel I will be a threat to myself and others at the assessment center. I also have physical disabilities that will make it difficult to attend.

In September of last year I was given a date for my work capability face-to-face assessment and because I knew I wouldn't be able to attend I sent a letter with evidence to satisfy them I could not attend. On that same day I had a letter through my letter box to inform me the appointment had been cancelled. I have been given no reason for this.

Earlier this month I was given a second date. The letter came through the post a week delayed so I hurried a letter with corresponding medical evidence for why I could not attend. The letter was a Royal Mail special delivery guaranteed yet instead of being delivered the next day it was delivered three days late and on the day of the assessment.

To remedy this I sent an explanatory email to the main office for the Center for Health abd Dissability Assessments and recieved a response from a senior customer relations manager to say she had forwarded my email to the office I was meant to attend.

That day they sent a new letter with a third date. And yet again, now for the third time I have sent a letter explaining why I cannot attend and included medical evidence. This time the letter has reached them well on time but I have yet to hear a response from them so I assume they expect me to appear there on Wednesday 1st March. I am not going.

The other day I then recieved a letter telling me to ring up to apply for PIP.

My queries:

First, what happens if they do not agree I should not attend the face-to-face, I know in basic they send a letter and I have to respond to it to but I have already told them why I cannot attend. I have already given them a good reason why I cannot do it! Do I continue to receive benefits while they figure out why I didn't attend.

Second, what would happen if I am sanctioned or taken off employment support allowance whilst I am assessed for personal independence payment? It seems to me to be silly that it has taken ten months to assess me for e s a and have got nowhere and now I have to start the application for p i p.

Third, what do I do if I get thrown off employment support allowance? I am worrying and it is making me sick. I have been like this this entire time and I cannot do normal daily activities. I am really sick as a result of this.

Everywhere I look all I see is explanations that seem too confusing to be simply clueless or seem too pervasive with lacuna to be simply ill thought out. It is as though many institutions want to give wrong advice. I have had that before from case support workers who told me they knew how to fill in my Disability Support Allowance form but messed it up for me. The benefits and work guide on the e s a 50 form is the first true representation I have found and the first place where the true meaning of the questions were given.

Thanks to anybody who can explain this to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182749 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP transfer and ESA troubles.
S

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you do not attend your ESA assessment then Maximus will return your file to the DWP, they will write to asking for you to show Good Cause why you did not attend, if is accepted then your file goes back to Maximus, if not then your claim will be closed. Based on what we see in the forum, the latter option is the most likely.

Although you say that you have provided medical evidence that you cannot attend have you sent a letter from your GP, specifically in regard to this assessment, which explains why you cannot attend at their offices?

I would not expect your having your ESA closed will have any effect on your PIP claim, this would be for a failure to attend and not because you do not meet the criteria, but even if was for this reason, the criteria for the two benefits are sufficiently different that it would have no impact.

If your ESA claim is closed then you will have a right of appeal, but you would not be eligible for any payment of ESA while you did this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182870 by SarisChammah
Replied by SarisChammah on topic PIP transfer and ESA troubles.
Thank you Gordon. I didn't know my name was showing. Is it stil showing? I did what the instructions said.

If I go to my doctor and have him wrote a letter for me hopefully that would help. The first time I was required to go to an assessment I didn't as nobody was available to go with me as I was let down by the idiot who was meant to be supporting me. I contacted them and told them I would need a new date and that time I went with help.

This time round they keep delaying it and rebooking so it is as though they want to wear me out. I will not go so I need to ask my doctor to write a letter but every time I have asked him to do something like that he refuses. He tells me he needs to be contacted by them and I keep telling him it doesn't work like that but I think unhealthy couldn't care about it. I saw the form he sent to them in response to my ESA 50 and he had writen a single line. I honestly think he doesn't care. The biggest problem I have is doctors who have no idea how to do their job.

I will try to get another appointment with my doctor to talk to him about it but I doubt this will go too well!

More
7 years 2 months ago #182897 by Gordon
S

I think you have changed to wrong user name :)

I wish GP's would look beyond the appointment that they have with you at the damage that they do their patients health with this narrow minded approach to benefits.

You can ask Maximus to contact them, they can send an ESA113 and this should cover your ability to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182937 by SarisChammah
Replied by SarisChammah on topic PIP transfer and ESA troubles.
I do not get this thing with the username? What on earth are you talking about?

More
7 years 2 months ago #182957 by Gordon

SarisChammah wrote: I do not get this thing with the username? What on earth are you talking about?

It is the name that is showing next to your posts, so you will see "Gordon" next to this post.

If the name appearing next to your posts is not your real name then it is not a problem, if it is your real name then we recommend that you change it, but it is entirely up to you whether you do this or not.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.