× Members

Cant cope Esa Renewal and Pip renewal at same time

More
7 years 1 month ago #182794 by Steven
Really struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel, Been on ESA for many years due to Mental health problems regarding self-harm, Agoraphobia and social phobia, I suffer also with server atopic eczema having to bath twice a day and put on multiple creams, I am on a lot of medication for the medical issues, I was awarded PIP for 2 years but 1 year later they want me to fill all the forms in again, Then today to my surprise I have had Forms to fill in for ESA also (double Whammy), My brain is just overloaded at this time and I feel really scared, Last time I thought so hard and was finally placed in the Support group by the judge due to certain regulations act due to my mental health, But the time is here again where it all begins again, I really feel like I have no more fight in me and just feel like giving in and letting it all go, How do people here cope with the constant bullying and harassment from all these government and corporations. Do I have to fill out this ESA form again ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #182830 by Gordon
Steven

I'm really sorry to hear that you have received both forms.

I'm afraid you must complete this new ESA50, if you do not then your claim may be closed, also, if you previous qualified under what is called the Substantial Risk Regulations then there is will be no presumption that you still meet the requirements for this, especially as the DWP guidance in this area has changed,

Can you get help with the forms?

I'm guessing that the PIP form has to be returned first, but you can get an extension on this so would that change things?

If you are running out of time then go through the ESA50 in steps, write a basic answer and then as time allows go back through the form and try and add more content.

Please make use of the PIP and ESA Claim guides to help you complete these forms.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven

More
7 years 1 month ago #182885 by Steven
Thanks Gordon for the reply, Yes PIP has to be done first, ESA has to be done by the 23rd March, Is there a Link for the Substantial Risk Regulations or a print of note I can put in when I return the ESA Form, Sadly got no help to fill in the forms Live alone, and parents are disabled and elderly themselves and I don't like to put pressure on them or want them to worry about my problems. I will try my best to go through the material on here, All my doctors notes I have are old now, and wont be able to get new evidence so quick will this matter ? or will they just contact them directly do you think. Thank you.

More
7 years 1 month ago #182911 by Gordon

Steven wrote: Thanks Gordon for the reply, Yes PIP has to be done first, ESA has to be done by the 23rd March, Is there a Link for the Substantial Risk Regulations or a print of note I can put in when I return the ESA Form, Sadly got no help to fill in the forms Live alone, and parents are disabled and elderly themselves and I don't like to put pressure on them or want them to worry about my problems. I will try my best to go through the material on here, All my doctors notes I have are old now, and wont be able to get new evidence so quick will this matter ? or will they just contact them directly do you think. Thank you.

There's a section in the ESA Claims due to mental health that covers Substantial Risk.

Try and break completing the forms into smaller, manageable components, start with a sentence about the problems you have for each activity and then expand the sentence to a paragraph and then to a couple of paragraphs until you are happy with what you have said.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steven

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.