× Members

PIP appeal help

More
7 years 1 month ago #182805 by kittygirl
PIP appeal help was created by kittygirl
I had the results of my Mandatary Reconsideration it didn't change, still 10 points for moving about and the care part, the DM didn't read the letters that were sent in as she contradicted herself a few times so I really don't think they can be bothered to read it.
I have decided to appeal as my condition as it has got worse although I realise the appeal will only relate to my condition when I applied, what I would like advise on is when I send in the appeal letter with the form SS1 do I go into depth my reasons for appealing or just a rough outline.
Just one piece of good news I hadn't herd from maximus in relation to my ESA which was due end of this month, so rang DWP and they have put me back in the support group for another 2 years no form to fill in I was really surprised and relieved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #182844 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal help
kittygirl

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #183269 by kittygirl
Replied by kittygirl on topic PIP appeal help
Gordon,
Many thanks for your reply, when I give a brief description to why I am appealing do I put down about the descriptors that I should have scored more as I do fit the criteria, and with the moving around the HP did not ask me one question in relation this activity so could I just give a brief outline on that.
many thanks.

More
7 years 1 month ago #183300 by Gordon

kittygirl wrote: Gordon,
Many thanks for your reply, when I give a brief description to why I am appealing do I put down about the descriptors that I should have scored more as I do fit the criteria, and with the moving around the HP did not ask me one question in relation this activity so could I just give a brief outline on that.
many thanks.

Yes, that is perfectly fine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #183776 by kittygirl
Replied by kittygirl on topic PIP appeal help
Gordon,
many thanks for your advice, but just need help with 2 questions
1. if I appeal the decision will I still keep the standard rate that I was given up until the appeal date.
2. One other problem now is last week I had results from lung function test which shows that my condition has deteriorated and now have heart failure which has affected my condition a lot, this has been since middle of feb, do you advise telling them of the change as I know the appeal will only go on what I was like at the assessment and not now, confused!!.
thanks

More
7 years 1 month ago #183797 by Gordon
kittygirl

1. Yes your current award will remain in payment.

2. Is there any chance that you were suffering the effects of these changes when you were assessed? If you did and you can provide evidence to support this then the effects of these conditions can be included in your appeal.

If you report a deterioration in your conditions then the DWP will reassess you, as this will create a new Decision, the appeal re-makes the previous one, it will limit any change in award that the Tribunal might make.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.