× Members

PIP mobility

More
7 years 1 month ago #182883 by carmind
PIP mobility was created by carmind
I am representing a client tomorrow morning and intended to argue for a mobility award, in line with the recent Upper Tribunal decision. However, now the government has announced that they intend to introduce changes in regulations to reverse this decision.

My question is, if my client wins tomorrow will the regulation changes be retrospective and so subject her to an Upper Tribunal appeal by the DWP? Lower Tribunal is enough of an ordeal for her!
Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #182909 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mobility

carmind wrote: I am representing a client tomorrow morning and intended to argue for a mobility award, in line with the recent Upper Tribunal decision. However, now the government has announced that they intend to introduce changes in regulations to reverse this decision.

My question is, if my client wins tomorrow will the regulation changes be retrospective and so subject her to an Upper Tribunal appeal by the DWP? Lower Tribunal is enough of an ordeal for her!
Help!

The Regulations don't come into effect until 16 March so should not be applied to any Decision before then.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #182915 by carmind
Replied by carmind on topic PIP mobility
But will they be re-assessed in light of the new regulations?? I'm getting old and cynical!!

More
7 years 1 month ago #182923 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mobility

carmind wrote: But will they be re-assessed in light of the new regulations?? I'm getting old and cynical!!

The can't, they are not law until the 16th.

Be aware the UTT Decision only opens the door, you will still need to show how your clients mental health problems would impact on their ability to follow a route.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.