× Members

Really worried.

More
7 years 1 month ago #183925 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Really worried.
Loubylou

The assessor only makes a recommendation, it is the DWP Decision/Claims Manager that decides what points to award, they are not bound by the assessors recommendation.

Did the DM explain why they did not award points for Dressing and Undressing on the Decision Letter, if they did not then you can certainly ask why they disagreed with the assessor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #183929 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Really worried.
Thanks for your response Gordon,

No they did not explain why on the decision letter.
The HP did go into detail why she had awarded the points and how it was also based on medical evidence.

I never had this information (the assesors report) when I wrote my mandatory reconsideration letter. Should I write to them again and ask them to look at this when they are looking into my mandatory reconsideration? Or should I wait on the result of the MR?

More
7 years 1 month ago #183941 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Really worried.

Loubylou wrote: Thanks for your response Gordon,

No they did not explain why on the decision letter.
The HP did go into detail why she had awarded the points and how it was also based on medical evidence.

I never had this information (the assesors report) when I wrote my mandatory reconsideration letter. Should I write to them again and ask them to look at this when they are looking into my mandatory reconsideration? Or should I wait on the result of the MR?

If you don't mention it now then it's likely that they won't consider it!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

More
7 years 1 month ago #184139 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Really worried.
Hi Gordon, hoping for some further assistance,

I sent off a letter regarding the difference in points from the HP to the CM.

I called the pip helpline, just for some clarification, was the difference in points an error, or did the CM disregard the HP's recommendation? I was informed that (the person i spoke to wasn't aware) however she would raise it as a complaint? Which I found strange as I hadn't asked for that, had just asked the above question?

She said she would take note of it and asked if I wished their response in a telephone call or writing?
My response was writing as I keep copies of everything and phone calls are of no evidence.

Later that day I received a call from the DWP from a different lady, she explained she had been tasked with my complaint and she was unsure of what the complaint was????
I replied that I had not made a complaint, that I needed to verify whether there was a clerical error on adding up of points by the CM or did the CM go against the HP recommendation, if it was a mistake, I would like it rectified asap, or if it was what the CM intended, where was the explanation?
She said she would send a few emails and get back to me.

Today I received a call from same lady, said my MR had been approved (don't know what that means) and they have to complete their findings by the 13/03? She also went onto say that she could not make a complaint against her colleague as she was only doing her job???
Oh dear!
I did not make a complaint, secondly if I did, it wasn't her making the complaint it would have been me!
She also spoke about back payment to November last year. I submitted the phone all on the 15/11/2016.

She then went on to say that she was keeping an eye on my file and once she has seen the decision, she will phone me to discuss?

Why are they bending over backwards all of a sudden??? Or it seems that way!

Her wording may indicate an award, however, not holding my breath, til I see the response.

Would just like to point out that after waiting nearly 8 weeks for an MR, one phonecall challenging an CM's decision on an assessor report (which I wouldn't have seen if it wasn't for your advice Gordon), seemed to kick it all into action! I have phoned three times before just asking on an update and was told "it's in the system".

Monday should be interesting to say the least!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, ivyfox

More
7 years 1 month ago #184836 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic MR Success!
Dear Gordon,

I received the brown envelope today and my MR has been successful and I have been awarded Standard Daily Living. I would just like to say thank you to yourself and the site for the invaluable information received.
I feel doubly lucky as I did not have to attend any f2f or home assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
7 years 1 month ago #184857 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR Success!

Loubylou wrote: Dear Gordon,

I received the brown envelope today and my MR has been successful and I have been awarded Standard Daily Living. I would just like to say thank you to yourself and the site for the invaluable information received.
I feel doubly lucky as I did not have to attend any f2f or home assessment.

Terrific news, well done.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.