× Members

Daughter denied PIP after assessment - need help

More
7 years 1 month ago #184681 by sharron
I have received a copy of the report the assessor completed at the assessment, nearly 95% of everything we answered she has written the total opposite down.
I am going to answer each point separately and put down what happened. I am also going to supply more letters from her doctors, as well and up coming appointment dates.
One of the things they have put is because she is studying for 2 GCSE she has a good memory therefore doesn't have ME !!! As she can use her arms to push heself in her wheelchair she doesn't have ME, even though it has always been her legs, back and headaches, plus brain fog.
The woman who came out was a paramedic.

Am I correct in answering the report point by point ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184685 by sharron
I have got my daughters assessment report through today and am shocked at what the assessor has written down. Everything we had said she has definitely written the opposite. My daughter is struggling to do her two GCSE's and yet they have said as she is doing these she doesn't have ME and doesn't have a memory problem. My daughter couldn't remember the three words she as asked to remember, and yet the woman has written she remembered then straight away. She apparently had a spring in her step when she walked to the table to see the assessor. I was propping my daughter up and it took us over 5 minutes to get there, as she had to keep stopping due to the pain. The list goes on and on.
The assessor forced her to stand up even though we said no, I am in total shock.
We have been told that if we disagree with the report we need to write down everything we disagree with and then send it to Atos !!! Yet the address given is the DWP offices.

I have started writing down every answer to what they have reported, and do this as a step by step process.

I am just totally shocked that they can do this,

More
7 years 1 month ago #184718 by Gordon
Sharron

You don't need to repeat your posts, all posts are moderated and will not appear in the forum until approved by a Moderator.

I'm not saying to ignore the assessment report, there may be things in that must be addressed, but your daughter will only receive an award by your showing that she meets the criteria for one, so I would first go through her PIP2 with the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to make sure that have fully explained her problems in completing the PIP activities in relation to the Descriptors. Where appropriate make use of the phrases covered under the term "reliably" and if her condition varies, then explain how and how often she is affected, she needs to meet the phrase "on the majority of days".

If you do raise issues from the report then stick to ones that are concerned with her scoring points, however frustrating the other points are, you are just diluting your message by dealing with them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.