× Members

ESA back payment not paid as promised

More
7 years 2 months ago #183491 by Jennifer
ESA back payment not paid as promised was created by Jennifer
Hi on Tuesday afternoon an ESA lady called me. She apologised, and told me I will receive my ESA back payment, within 3 working days. But it hasn't gone into my account yet. 3 working days from Tuesday means it should have gone in on Friday. Today is Saturday. I have searched online and some people seem to think that payments usually take between 3-5 working days. I had no money to call ESA on Friday, and was to weak to walk to the Jobcentre. If anyone knows anything then thanks. (It's a backpayment for being on assessment rate for nearly a year. Now I am in support group since a couple weeks ago).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183521 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA back payment not paid as promised
Jennifer

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling because of the failure to make this payment, but I'm afraid all you can do is chase them on Monday as to what is going on.

One-off payments are made manually so should in fact be in your bank within hours, but there may have been administrative processes that have delayed the actual transfer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.