× Members

PIP TRIBUNAL ANY ADVICE

More
7 years 2 months ago #183505 by bijay
PIP TRIBUNAL ANY ADVICE was created by bijay
HI I HAVE REQUESTED A PIP TRIBUNAL FOR MY WIFE WHO HAS FIBROMYALGIA.My wife had been in receipt of dal at the enhanced rate for mobility and has now been awarded 0 for mobility i asked at the mandatory reconsideration why this is they told lots of untruths about what also happened at the assessment so any advice from fellow fibre sufferers would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP TRIBUNAL ANY ADVICE
bijay

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Where are you in the process?

Have the Tribunal Service acknowledged your request?

Have you received the DWP's submission to the appeal?

You need to think about your wife's submission.

The Tribunal will make an award because you have shown that your wife meets the criteria for one so this needs to be your focus, I'm not saying you should ignore the assessment report, but dealing with the issues in it will not in itself score her the points she needs.

I would start by going through her PIP2, the assessment report and our PIP Claim guide to make sure that you/she have shown that she meets the PIP Descriptors. In particular concentrate on the her being able to perform the activities "reliably" and "on the majority of days". These terms are explained in the guide.

The Claim guide and our Appeal guide and other documents are the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.