× Members

PIP

More
7 years 1 month ago #184547 by Linda
PIP was created by Linda
Hi I applied for PIP on 28/1/17
This application was after the law change wich helped people who have difficulties taking a journey due to depression annd anxiety.
The date of my application is also prior to March 16th when new legislation has been set up to make it difficult for people with mental health problems.
I was about to cancel my claim as I dont want to go to the assesment.
I have had one before last year. I received no points for tain a journey. After an appeal I received 4 points or .. needs prompting to take a journey.
The nature of my illness means I cannot handle stress, I suffer panic attacks at the thought of going out and can only contemplate leaving the house with lots of encouragement and assistance from my husband. I have been unable to take any journey at all alone for many years. Advice much a pre cited please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184578 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Linda

Based on what you have posted you are assessing yourself as meeting Descriptor (f) for the Going Out activity. This is not one of the Descriptors affected by the change.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184579 by HarryC
Replied by HarryC on topic PIP
Just to clarify, can you explain which descriptors are the ones affected

More
7 years 1 month ago #184593 by Linda
Replied by Linda on topic PIP
Thank you very much Gordon

More
7 years 1 month ago #184601 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

HarryC wrote: Just to clarify, can you explain which descriptors are the ones affected

For the Going Out activity it is Descriptors (c), (d) and (f).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.