× Members

DLA to PIP

• Totally had enough
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #184591 by Totally had enough
DLA to PIP was created by Totally had enough
Hi, this is my first time here and I will try to keep my post as brief as possible.
When my son turned 16 he was told to move from DLA to PIP. He has Aspergers and anxiety disorder. I have been his carer for many years. We went along to the PIP interview and later received a letter saying that he wasn't entitled to PIP of any sort. I have had a mandatory reconsideration and this was also turned down. I have requested a copy of what his psychiatrist wrote.
Recently his pschiatrist took him off his medication after increasing it the time before! He became unwell and our GP prescribed him his meds once again. My son's dad told the psychiatrist and he reported me to social services for safe guarding! I have had social workers out etc.
I have been accused of wanting to keep my son in a "sick role".
I have lost my carers allowance and income support.
My son still needs a considerable amount of help and support. His disabilty didn't disapper overnight!
When he was approaching 16 someone came out from DWP to assess his need for an appointee. This was given to me however a few months later at the PIP interview it was deemed that my son could make complex budgeting decisions! There are many other things which I could add onto this post but for the mean time I just need advise as I need to apply for the appeal.
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184607 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Totally had enough

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The PIP MR & Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 that you will need to complete and instructions on how to complete the form, at this stage you do not have to go into detail about why you are appealing.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

I would recommend that you go back through his PIP2 form, the assessment report (if you do not have this then it will be sent as part of the appeal) and the PIP Claim guide to ensure that you have shown that he meets the criteria to score points.

Be aware some of the Descriptors have multiple elements and you need to meet all of them to score points.

Finally make sure you have made use of "reliably" and "on the majority of days" wherever appropriate.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Totally had enough

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.