× Members

PIP Appeal success

More
7 years 1 month ago #184605 by standswithafist
PIP Appeal success was created by standswithafist
Following all your advice, I'm pleased to say that I won my PIP appeal At Tribunal - high rate care and low rate mobility.
I have M.E, low thyroid, anxiety and depression and asthma. I have carers 3 times a day and Personal Assistants 5 days a week.
Evidence was provided from my GP, Social Worker, prescription, care Agency including care plan and risk assessment. I 'd had a face to face assessment at home, witnessed by a PA. A letter of support provided by DIAL House disability Rights Adviser.
I also told of membership of a local Neurotherapy Centre, Blue Badge and motability scheme at a large Shopping Centre.
I had challenged the decision by the Assessor to score 7 pts for care and objected to the attitude of the Decision Maker in what I considered to be an offensive view of needs of the disabled person.
I am a retired Registered Nurse and Midwife, knew my rights and am capable of fighting my corner. Despite all this, because of the level of anxiety that months of this process had caused, I burst in to tears when I entered the court.
The Judge, Doctor and Expert Carer told me that my submission was good. I still had 45 minutes of answering questions and my carer 10 minutes of questions.
I believe that because I did not need to refer to my notes that my answers matched what I 'd written. We waited outside the court while the decision was made.
I received the backdated sum from DWP and am now receiving the correct amount.
I can honestly say that the Court process was a complete waste of public funds as I had given all the required information on the first application.
Please fight, don't give up and get as much supporting evidence as you can - at least it helps you feel like you're not a criminal in Court!
Good luck and many thanks to this site and Moderators for your wisdom.
Best wishes Standswithafist
Des
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184628 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeal success
standswithafist

Very pleased for you, well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.