× Members

pip home assessment

More
7 years 1 month ago #184606 by anton73
pip home assessment was created by anton73
i had a phone call today from atos offering me an appt this sunday at a centre for my pip claim. i told her that i sent medical evidence from my doc that i need a home assessment as i have severe ME.
i asked her if she had actually seen all my medical evidence and she said she has no access to it. what worries me is that she was putting down that i had rejected the appt and my reasons.
Any advice as to what i should do now ? Do they not even look at our form or evidence before putting our name on a list for an assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184629 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip home assessment

anton73 wrote: i had a phone call today from atos offering me an appt this sunday at a centre for my pip claim. i told her that i sent medical evidence from my doc that i need a home assessment as i have severe ME.
i asked her if she had actually seen all my medical evidence and she said she has no access to it. what worries me is that she was putting down that i had rejected the appt and my reasons.
Any advice as to what i should do now ? Do they not even look at our form or evidence before putting our name on a list for an assessment?

Don't worry about it, the person was just trying to fill holes in their assessment diary. You are not required to accept any appointment where you have not received seven days written notice (this includes postage time).

Be aware though that as they contacted you this means you are currently down for an assessment in ATOS's offices!

Did you supply a letter from your GP explaining why you cannot attend at their offices? You are unlikely to get a home assessment without one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184668 by anton73
Replied by anton73 on topic pip home assessment
thank you for your reply. yes i sent a letter from my gp stating that i am housebound and mainly bed bound as i have severe ME . so should i call atos and ask why they have ignored my gp letter? I sent them good supporting medical evidence that backed up my claim form.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #184700 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip home assessment
Yes, you can contact ATOS and/or get your MP involved

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.