× Members

Dealings with Maximus uk

More
7 years 1 month ago #184619 by Ed
Dealings with Maximus uk was created by Ed
Asked to complete an ESA50, I sent the form in ON TIME. Next thing I know is that my benefit is stopped. After two expensive calls to DWP, I am asked to complete a second form. This time, reading that loss of information is a regular feature of people's dealings with Maximus send it recorded delivery. My appointment is before 9.00am requiring me to have to  leave the house very early - before my medications have started to work, when multiple conditions and poor sleep patterns normally make getting out to travel in rush hour challenging. We arrive at 8.45am to be told that computers are down and there is a wait of at least 2 hours.
At some time after 11.30am I am called in. People are seen before me who have arrived since I did, nevertheless, they are seen by qualified people who introduce themselves as Doctor.... I decide to wait, a) because my wife has missed work, and hence being paid, and b) because a doctor is likely to understand the way Kidney disease, Heart disease, Addison's disease and other immune induced conditions affecting eyes , ears, skin, joints and causes chronic fatigue.
My HCP is efficient and listens intently, and has in fact worked for one of my consultants.
She pays close attention to the mental effects of my illnesses, awarding 9 points, but does not ascribe any physical symptoms to those conditions I provide documentary proof of. The result is that After 20 years since retiring from an active and successful teaching job, during which time I Have bean legitimately receiving incapacity benefit, and later been in the support group of ESA, I am found fit for work aged 62!

Her report states that I look unwell, I truthfully tell her that I rarely leave home. She even notes that she can hear and feel an uneven pulse. She conducts the mobility tests - all of which I am able to complete with ease. She reports that on a typical day I can walk down the canal. This is a total misrepresentation of my disclosure and certainly does not accord with my wife's statement.
I feel it is important that I give a credible and honest statement about my state of health. I did not attempt to over play the difficulties I experience. I spend a lot of time in clinics, but over time my wife and I have learned to manage my condition and avoid emergency admissions to hospital. An incident last week showed that distractions such as this experience negates my ability to maintain this equilibrium.

Towards the end of the interview we are interrupted by a member of staff who comes in with a folder. "Oh, we found another file relating to mr Purkis".  Of course it was the first esa50 which your organisation claimed not to have received.

Last week I was admitted to hospital with severe chest pains. ECG printouts show a pronounced ectopic beat and confirms AF. The loss of benefit and stress of having to fight this injustice is having a profound effect on my health, when my wife is having to stop work to support my day to day domestic life. Whilst I am not seeking to blame your organisation for the emergency, it is concurrent with the maladministration of my case. Press reports would suggest that I am not alone in suffering the result of the work of Maximus.

The costs in phone calls postage and travel and my wife's loss of earnings, for an assessment outcome which is by no stretch of the imagination just, has been considerable.
Subsequent events

The outcome of the WCA has been denial of ESA. And an application to Go through Tribunal. Asked for their defence regarding the denial of ESA, the decision maker realised they had no defence. The award of no points for physical effect of Immune induced Heart, Kidney, Liver diseases, and adrenal failure was and is ridiculous. Since November 2016' I have had two emergency admissions to hospital the last being two weeks ago, and required four day of intravenous drips and drugs together with constant monitoring. My blood pressure became critically low.
The requirement to go on Jobseekers, and the anxiety, loss of income and injustice has meant that I could not manage my condition. This organisation which claims to be humanitarian, but in reality is profiting from ineptitude and fraud against the sick, disabled, and vulnerable members of society.
Since this organisation (if such a term pertains here) employs Health care professionals who swear an oath to do no harm, the question of medical ethics arises. I would be interested to know if there is a case for action against Maximus perhaps as a group of us effected by their sharp practices.

The Dwp has finally reinstated me in the support group for three years, but up to this point Maximus maintain that they did no wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184646 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dealings with Maximus uk
Ed

Sorry to hear about the problems but at least the Tribunal saw sense.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.