× Members

Council Tax

More
7 years 1 month ago #184684 by Nikki
Council Tax was created by Nikki
Well, after not being able to pay our contribution to the DFG, a very long story over 2 1/2 years, I was looking thro my handbook and spotted Council Tax.
I noticed that the only people on DLA who could claim a redirection, were those who, unfortunately had an intellectual or social problem.
I read on....
I came to another section and I could claim a reduction.
You have to be able to prove you have just 1 out of the 3
Extra kitchen or bathroom
Room predominately used by the disabled person
OR
ROOM TO USE A WHEELCHAIR ABOUT IN THE HOUSE,!!!
So I rang them up. I pay by direct debit but it's my husbands name on the form. So,I asked, in general would you be able to claim a reduction on the 3.
"I'll ask my manager"
"No, never heard of it"
My husband is very good on the phone, politely and very calmly, he keeps on and on and on until he gets the correct answer!
Going back to why I mentioned the DFG, we have a copy of the letter from one of my many consultants saying I definitely would be eligible for a lift and wetroom., sent back to the OT's.

He wrote that it was documented in my notes that as far back as 2006 I was in a wheelchair.
BRilliant.
So, we're going into battle with the council to get a council tax reduction.
I will keep you all updated so you can do the same.
Wish me luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184726 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Council Tax
N

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Good luck with your quest.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.