× Members

PIP Ended, No Review Letter Or Reminder

More
7 years 1 month ago #184762 by PinotRouge
PIP Ended, No Review Letter Or Reminder was created by PinotRouge
Hello,

My Friend needs some urgent help, he had to renew his ESA in December and just got his Entitlement letter back this morning, (Support Group, Thanks B&W!) however he saw it went down by about £60, so he sent me it and I saw he’s lost his SDP, he’s been through to his parents who called them up and found out his PIP has stopped, so after calling them, they said he was sent a letter last November (they never mentioned a reminder) but he hasn’t received anything.

Now everyone here knows the panic attack that follows the dreaded brown envelop, he would never miss a letter coming through his door, let alone a PIP letter or reminder. Do they still send reminders? We have gone through his files and found his award letter, which says he was awarded it until the 7th of March 2017 and his last payment was the 24th of February, His parents didn’t know what to say on the phone and was told he would have to reapply. Is this to late to fix or appeal? What do we need to say or write to?

If he reapplies now not only will this mean he doesn’t get any mobility because of the latest change (Mental Health), but wont he also lose the Severe Disability Premium permanently as this has been scrapped for new claims? Wont it be a new one by the time he got a new award of PIP if we reapply?

Thank you all in advanced
Juno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184780 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Ended, No Review Letter Or Reminder
PinotRouge

I'm afraid I see no opportunity to challenge this, there is no obligation that I am aware of on the DWP to renew the previous award, but even if there was this would not be an appealable Decision, nor does a renewal have any authority to extend a fixed term award, this was always going to end on 7 March.

The best that you can do is push the DWP to allow the new claim to start on 8 March, their failure to initiate a renewal maybe something that use can us as leverage.

I am concerned about some of the points you have raised.

There is no reason to assume he cannot receive a new mobility award! He qualified for Mobility under guidance that is substantially the same as it is today. The changes to the PIP Descriptors do not prevent an award for mental health reasons they just limit the circumstances under which this can happen.

Also the Severe Disability Premium has not been removed from old ESA and there is no reasons why it cannot be re-instated if his new claim for PIP is successful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186319 by alison23
Replied by alison23 on topic PIP Ended, No Review Letter Or Reminder
Hi Juno
I am going through similar. I saw I hadnt received my PIP payment in my bank and didn't receive my PIP review letter and after ringing the DWP two advisors told me that my review letter has been sent to the wrong address as their system said I had moved home, which is untrue as I have lived at the same address for 22 years. I asked for the form to be sent out to my correct address and was told that it had to go for manual consideration. Rang today and it has been disallowed so looks like I will have to reapply for PIP. Worrying that my personal details including NI number have gone to another persons address. Also the financial implications are worrying. No logic at all in this situation. Hope you get sorted soon,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.