× Members

ESA and PIP

More
7 years 1 month ago #184833 by Natalie Sparks
ESA and PIP was created by Natalie Sparks
Hi,
My partner has been involved in two car accidents which have made her bedridden only able to do a few things. We did try and go for PIP but was only offered the basic rate as it seemed when we told the adviser we had a massive house with a few ensuites she seem to ignore us stating she was a nurse and tramadol I was taking was mild. Due to my partner working early rill late we missed the final paperwork for tribunal. Now SSP has stopped and one person stating that we have to fill out a massive questionnaire again the other letter states that we just have to sign how is it that both pip and esa advisers keep giving incorrect information. The whole thing is extremely frustrating and would anyone be able to help is out as we gone from having a excellent cash flow hence the house to one salary which puts so much pressure on.

We would move but Natalie son lives with us and have no got enough for another deposit to rent in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184853 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and PIP
N

When you last posted you were looking for help with a PIP appeal, I'm not sure from your post whether you have progressed this or not.

Are you now trying to make a claim for ESA?

If you are then your wife will need to complete an ESA1 form in order to make the claim and if that is accepted, an ESA50 to explain her problems with the ESA activities

If you can be more specific about the help you need then we should be able to provide more advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184940 by Natalie Sparks
Replied by Natalie Sparks on topic ESA and PIP
Gordon,

We have been awarded pip at low rate and would like some support in applying again. The appeal never even got started as we missed the date for submitting documents to support my partner need.

We have been asked to submit documents to prove I have been sign off work and my employer can't pay me anymore SSP.

We have the ESA50 form which we would also like so help and advise in how to fill this in.

Thanks

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #184972 by Gordon
N

First the PIP.

You say you missed the date for submitting documents, do you mean that you missed the normal one month to request an appeal, or that you lodged an appeal but were unable to submit any evidence?

If the former then you can still make a Late appeal up to 13 months after the date of the Decision but you will need provide Good Cause as to why the request is late.

As you appear to have an award, you cannot make a new claim for PIP until your award ends, your only option would be to ask to be reassessed on the basis of a deteriorate condition, but you may need to show that this has happened. You also need to be aware that this would be a full reassessment of your claim, new PIP2 and almost certainly a face to face assessment.

As to the ESA, it sounds like the DWP need a copy of the SSP1 form from your employer to show that your SSP has ended, you should speak to your Human Resources department about this.

As to the ESA50, there is are ESA Claim guides on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 1 month ago #185057 by Natalie Sparks
Replied by Natalie Sparks on topic ESA and PIP
Gordon,

PIP
I would hope we get another chance as they did not request any further medical information they just used a discharging letter as medical proof added to the fact they provided us with the wrong information and proved they don't understand my issues. How could we get this process restarted.

I have sent ESA the employer documentation but I worry that they will feel that Natalie can work which at present she can't.

Any advice you can offer would be great
P

More
7 years 1 month ago #185076 by Gordon

Natalie Sparks wrote: Gordon,

PIP
I would hope we get another chance as they did not request any further medical information they just used a discharging letter as medical proof added to the fact they provided us with the wrong information and proved they don't understand my issues. How could we get this process restarted.

I have sent ESA the employer documentation but I worry that they will feel that Natalie can work which at present she can't.

Any advice you can offer would be great
P

I'm afraid their requesting any further information is not reason for "another chance".

Forgive me I'm unclear as to what process you want to restart, do you mean an appeal?

If she has Fit Notes saying she is unable to work or restricting her working then this is all that is needed at this time for a claim of ESA.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.