× Members

ESA & PIP assessors.....the same body?

More
7 years 1 month ago #184893 by Hippyginger
ESA & PIP assessors.....the same body? was created by Hippyginger
Can anybody tell me if my ESA medical assessments and my PIP f2f would both have been undertaken by ATOS? Both were within the same county if that makes any difference and I do know from the assessor's report from my PIP f2f that that was definitely done under ATOS. But having received copies of my 2 ESA assessments it doesn't give any indication of who the assessors were working for.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #184905 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA & PIP assessors.....the same body?
It depends when your ESA assessment was held. ATOS had the contract until March 2015, then Maximus took over.

In some areas ATOS are administering the PIP assessments, Capita are doing them in others.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Gordon. Reason: changed year

More
7 years 1 month ago #184914 by Hippyginger
Replied by Hippyginger on topic ESA & PIP assessors.....the same body?
Thank you for that Mrs. H. My first one was in 2014 so must've been ATOS but last year's one must've been Maximus then. Seemed strange that there's no heading on either of the ESA medical reports but there is on the PIP one, (ATOS). Not that it really matters. I'm just so pleased and relieved that the doctor who did my first ESA one was thorough and accurate lol So was the nurse who did the second one. Shame that the physio who did my PIP assessment wasn't so truthful or observant eh lol,

Thanks again Mrs H.. this site is invaluable for all of us trying to make our way through the process of these applications and assessments. I feel as though I'm swimming in treacle at times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 1 month ago #184915 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA & PIP assessors.....the same body?
There has been only 1 organisation at a time providing assessments for ESA, whereas there are 2 doing the PIP. Maybe that is why the PIP report states which organisation did the assessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hippyginger

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.