× Members

PIP Review Form

More
7 years 1 month ago #184955 by Jillybobs
PIP Review Form was created by Jillybobs
Filling in the pip review form for my husband.
The first page asks can they contact his GP.
Problem is we are in the middle of changing GP's. Not our choice but because we moved 16 years ago and are now out of our GP's area we have been removed from their practice. We are awaiting confirmation from the new GP practice we have just applied to join.
Should I tick yes allowing them to contact the GP? or tick no?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184975 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review Form

Jillybobs wrote: Filling in the pip review form for my husband.
The first page asks can they contact his GP.
Problem is we are in the middle of changing GP's. Not our choice but because we moved 16 years ago and are now out of our GP's area we have been removed from their practice. We are awaiting confirmation from the new GP practice we have just applied to join.
Should I tick yes allowing them to contact the GP? or tick no?

I would contact the new GP and ask how they would handle a request for information from the DWP or Assessment Provider and whether they would contact you so they could ask you about your problems.

If they would then I would include their information, if not then you need to consider what they might provide by going through your medical records only and whether this would help or not.

Be aware, it's unusual for the medical contacts on your form to be written to, so you should consider including your own evidence with the form.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jillybobs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.