× Members

Pip forms lmbp

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186661 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic Pip forms lmbp
Thanks Gordon , so if I say anything has changed I will have to attend a f2f? I've rang the help line and asked for copies of all assessments they have these have been requested , so I can get some good medical evidence , I don't know if I'm missing something in the guides but I can only see a few pages re ar1?
Is their any other advice u can give about how to structure the answers ? Would it b advisable to write extra info even if I tick no changes ? As you would with a pip2 form ? And shall I use my previous assessment report from atos and make sure answers match up ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186695 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip forms lmbp

Littlebipolar wrote: Thanks Gordon , so if I say anything has changed I will have to attend a f2f? I've rang the help line and asked for copies of all assessments they have these have been requested , so I can get some good medical evidence , I don't know if I'm missing something in the guides but I can only see a few pages re ar1?
Is their any other advice u can give about how to structure the answers ? Would it b advisable to write extra info even if I tick no changes ? As you would with a pip2 form ? And shall I use my previous assessment report from atos and make sure answers match up ?

I think it likely that you will have a face to face, but I can't state this for certain.

We don't go into detail about the AR1 because once we have covered the issues of using the form, the actual content that you need to include is basically the same as you would include in a PIP2 and is covered in the rest of the guide. So if your limitations have increased then you need how in the exact same wau as you would if you were completing a PIP2 for the first time.

There are two schools of though on what to do with an activity where your problems haven't changed, I can;t advise you which option to choose only you can do this. The first view is to not provide any additional information, nothing has changed so they can refer back to the PIP2 which is where you scored the points originally. The second view is that they don't look at the previous evidence, so you have to explain why you still meet the Descriptors currently awarded.

The plus to the first option is that you are inviting them to assume the previous determination for that activity was correct and as nothing has changed they should recommend the same points, the downside is that if they ignore the previous award there is nothing included to justify points.

For the second option the plus side is that you have included current information to justify getting the same points, the downside is that by including the information you are inviting them to review it and they may not agree with the previous award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186698 by Littlebipolar
So it's a lose lose situation ? I don't think I can cope with this ! :( can I ask ... will they be referring to the health care professionals report from my previous assessment or my previous pip2 form?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186701 by Gordon

Littlebipolar wrote: So it's a lose lose situation ? I don't think I can cope with this ! :( can I ask ... will they be referring to the health care professionals report from my previous assessment or my previous pip2 form?

You can ask but I personally would not believe them if they said they would.

I agree that that there are no good options, try looking at which is the least worst.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186706 by Littlebipolar
Hi I don't understand that response ? I was trying to figure out which report they will "refer" to the previous pip2 or the healthcare professionals report?
I'm trying to figure out so I could maybe quote the previous assessment rather than putting new info in the no change options

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186710 by Gordon

Littlebipolar wrote: Hi I don't understand that response ? I was trying to figure out which report they will "refer" to the previous pip2 or the healthcare professionals report?
I'm trying to figure out so I could maybe quote the previous assessment rather than putting new info in the no change options

They should refer to both.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.