× Members

Medical updates after F2F

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #186914 by TK19
Medical updates after F2F was created by TK19
I have a PIP assessment in about a weeks time but before that I awaiting a x-ray of my back the results of which will arrive most likely after the assessment. If it confirms something that the DWP should be aware of, what should I do or is too late? The problem has been ongoing for over a year but worsened and was mentioned in the report.

Also a recent cervical scan reported "severe degenerative changes of C4/C5/C6/C7 with loss of intervertebral disc spaces and anterior osteophytes" What does that even mean and will it help with assessment? My own doc just hurried me when I asked as almost 10 mins were up!!

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #186963 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical updates after F2F
TK

Contact the DWP office dealing with your claim directly with the additional information, however, although a diagnosis is important, if you have included the effects of your back problems in your PIP2 then they should be taken into account at the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #186987 by TK19
Replied by TK19 on topic Medical updates after F2F
Thanks Gordon - yes I did mention this but the pain in the back has worsened to the point painkillers do not even work. A scan or x-ray will may reveal the problem further.
TK

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #186993 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical updates after F2F

TK wrote: Thanks Gordon - yes I did mention this but the pain in the back has worsened to the point painkillers do not even work. A scan or x-ray will may reveal the problem further.
TK

If you condition has deteriorated since you completed the PIP2 then you need to urgently write to the DWP office dealing with your claim or you risk them being excluded from this assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #186999 by TK19
Replied by TK19 on topic Medical updates after F2F
Yes re the neck issue, I sent the report about 2 weeks ago to the DWP and called them as well to tell them. I will take the report with me to the assessment as well with proof of posting. However further problems like the back may be too late as I think the scan results will not reach Dr in time but I did list this as having the problem since 2013 but it has got worse last 2 months or so.

I don;t anticipate they will take my word for it but relying on the scan to prove it. The neck pain was also listed as starting in 2013 but over the last few months been getting worse and now to the point nothing helps - the results of the scan prove the "severe deterioration".

Still very worried about the assessment

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.