× Members

Still waiting pip

More
6 years 11 months ago #189616 by Monky38
Replied by Monky38 on topic pip chapter 3 Andy a big thank you all
Not sure gotten what they meant I think they wanted to know if I had these in July last year it was ok for ing backdated but if it was from January last year then I wouldn't get back award as I should have notified them. Sooner so she asked why I hadn't challenged the tribunal decision as I explained I had just fought a year to get to tribunal and everthing happened I was exhausted from tribunal I had now been diagnosed with other conditions I have moved into sheltered accommodation through advice of occupational therapist and also my sister died all round this time I couldn't physically cope with anything else so she said well if it can't be changed now that if I feel I should be awarded high rate for mobility to get straight back. In touch so think it. Is because of the time I was diagnosed with conditions not sure but she said she will speak to supervisor and I will hear next week

Monky
With another battle from dwp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189629 by Monky38
Yes Borden I have had it for three months and longer think it's because I had diagnosis from shoulder longer so I think it's about not awarding me back date as I should have told them sooner (I think) as she asked me why I had not told them after tribunal why I waited but like I said I had lots of other things being diagnosed later in July so guess I will know when I get the letter will let you all know

Monky

More
6 years 11 months ago #189799 by Monky38
So just would like to ask questions after I spoke with dwp the other day when they told me what my award was over phone is that usual they would tell you over phone ?
Also when they were trying to establish at what time did I think that award was wrong last year after tribunal why then didn't I report it straight away as I told them there was so much was going on around that time and. I had just been to tribunal that had taken a year of. My life it is not easy when you are ill to do all this also I had a death in family and I had new diagnoses things if I would have known all these things would come I would have been notifying them every week so
Thought it was best to do them all together also. Dwp told me if award was at low rate for mobility when letter arrives that I should just call them straight away with change of circumstance is it likely that they would change decisions so soon is it a way of them. Trying to make me go
Through f2f again or is it so they can get out of back pay they may owe me how long can they
Back date it to if I thought that decision from tribunal was wrong and they found same would they pay it from February last year or. Is there a time limit I think that is what she said they were trying to sort out if they should have paid me from tribunal or from. This claim three months ago
Don't know but they really make you confused and paranoid

Monky

More
6 years 11 months ago #189815 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip chapter 3 Andy a big thank you all
Monky

Whilst the DWP do have the authority to revise the current Decision if you notify them of a deterioration of your condition, I would not expect them to do so without you having to complete a new claim form and almost certainly having to attend a new face to face .

I could be wrong, but it is not something that I can remember seeing happen on the forum.

Also, they do have the option of deferring a higher award to conform with the three month rule.

You mention a Tribunal, I assume this was some time ago in which case you cannot re-visit their Decision.

You really need to wait for the Decision letter as yo can't decide on any further action until you see the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #189830 by Monky38
Thanks Gordon
I will wait to see what they say just thought it might be too close to there decision. To make me go through it again if they are going to change it the problem also comes in that... if dwp know when the diagnosis was then they are saying that you should have notified them within the 3 month time scale as you have to have had any illness that affects you reported they made it sound like then you should have notified them within 4 months of the diagnosis for them to back date payment anything after that was not keeping to guide lines of reporting changes is what they were saying

More
6 years 11 months ago #189906 by Monky38
I have a question about backdate do dwp pay backdate for pip for the 3 months you have had illness as you have to have had illness for 3 months and expect it to last at least 9 months as well as backdate from day I notified them about it so will they pay 3 months backdate or 6 months in total anyone have any idea Im just not sure how they have worked out my back this back payment of mine

Thanks monky

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.