× Members

Received Mandatory result??

More
7 years 1 week ago #187389 by suemc
Received Mandatory result?? was created by suemc
Received My result last week. My mandatory reconsideration was asked for on the 9th of March. The letter is dated the 5th of april, the advisor is saying my evidence was too late, even though she says "we talked" on the 1st of march. I have signed for receipt that they got all the paper work on the 27th of March. There are a lot of in accurate dates on there. Do I send all my info I sent to DWP onto the tribunal as DWP have dismissed it? Do I still itemise the descriptors even though I had done this for the DWP to look at ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #187419 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Received Mandatory result??
suemc

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

The DWP bundle should contain all of the documents used in the Decision, you will have to check whether your latest evidence is included or not. You should not need to repeat any arguments that you have already made, but it is still worth checking to see whether they can be improved or if you can provide additional information.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 days ago #187842 by suemc
Replied by suemc on topic Received Mandatory result??
Have everything ready to go for tribunal as it has to be in by the 5 of May. Points i disagree with evidence they refused to use, extra evidence etc. Now on the 19th of April they sent me a letter from "a manager" saying looked at evidence, decision stays the same. Conveniently it took them 2 days to get to me. Any how, I am sending everything I have Gordon, but I have no representative is this a bad thing? I was thinking of just going along and being myself. Oh and one last thing no one seems to have looked up Borderline personality traits, so I got a copy off the net and printed it out from the world health organisation is that a big no no. As I seem to be explaining it to people who do not understand the condition of F60

More
7 years 2 days ago #187895 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Received Mandatory result??
Sue

The majority of claimants have no representation at Tribunal and yet the success rate is still over 60%, so I would not worry to much about this, the panel will be experienced in dealing with claimants in this situation and will take it into account when they question you.

Adding the medical information is a good idea, just make sure that you include a link to where you got it from.

Your papers need to be with the TS no later than 7 days before the hearing.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 days ago #187960 by suemc
Replied by suemc on topic Received Mandatory result??
Thank you gordon, I seem to have everything done to be honest, i think its part of being BPD and lack of sleep means i have worked had on it. I am asking for anything from the hospital too to add to it at later date. fingers crossed. Found my proof too that they received it before the 28th on the 27ths at 12.06 would suggest to everyone when you can send it signed for delivery
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 2 days ago #187981 by Egrion
Replied by Egrion on topic Received Mandatory result??
'from "a manager" saying looked at evidence, '
That's what my son got and we looked through all the documents in preparation for the tribunal from initial application to the final letter and what stood out was that the 'manager' and decisions makers/HP did not even look at the evidence/appeal application/initial application - it was as if they were describing a different person in the PA4 and the decision makers totally focused on that alone.

The decision makers also completely ignored the reasons given for my son inability to communicate the way his difficulties affect him on the day - which he also mentioned on the day to the HP which the HP did not note. In my son's appeal application he mentioned this fact that the HP hadn't noted it, but the DMs again didn't take any regard of this either!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.