× Members

ESA forms received early

More
7 years 5 days ago #187747 by Sasha
ESA forms received early was created by Sasha
I've just received my ESA 50 forms several months early which has rather alarmed me as I thought the DWP was running behind schedule.
The forms are dated 02/17 but there appears to be a brand new PDF form dated 04/17 so is it ok to use the new PDF form?

Has anything changed legally with the ESA assessment since my last assessment in late 2015?

Also, I am concerned about the section on Face to Face assessments. I am mostly housebound and will really struggle to travel far and I don't want to give the impression that I go out regularly but I know I'm unlikely to get a home visit. If I fill in this section and tell them what my needs would be if I have to travel to an assessment centre, will I totally jeopardise any chance of getting a home visit? It does not seem to be possible to request a home visit at this stage.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 days ago #187751 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA forms received early
Pippa

The delays seem to be regional and are to do with the assessment part of the process, not the initiation of a reassessment :)

There have been no changes to the legal definitions but several updates to the DWP guidance.

To get a home assessment you will need your GP to provide a letter for Maximus explaining why you cannot attend at their offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasha

More
7 years 3 days ago #187841 by Sasha
Replied by Sasha on topic ESA forms received early
Is it true that if Maximus call you to an assessment centre, they can call you to anywhere within a 90 minute journey of where you live? I'm sure someone told me that was the case for PIP but it would be helpful to know if that's the case for ESA too.

More
7 years 2 days ago #187893 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA forms received early
Pippa

It is certainly the rule for PIP but I do not believe that I have heard it applied to ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasha

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.