× Members

Tribunal - WON!

More
7 years 5 days ago #187786 by Egrion
Tribunal - WON! was created by Egrion
The £20 for the guides is the best £20 I have spent! Thank you for writing them.

ATOS assessment for PIP gave 2 points for living for my son and none for mobility for him.

The final consideration before it went to Tribunal said:
"I've considered all the available evidence"
"I oppose the appeal and ask the Tribunal to dismiss the appeal and confirm the Secretary of State's decision".

At the Tribunal we didn't have to wait long for the decision - they said:
'When we got to 13 points we stopped considering the descriptors as we had enough', so they gave the higher level for living.
They also gave 4 points for mobility.

We gave two very tiny new pieces of information today, together with a 2 page document I compiled (which took me a long time to do) that listed key areas for the Tribunal to look at, so in fact referenced all the evidence already given.

I am so disgusted and angry that my son had to endure what he had to do today and it had to get this far when he had already produced more than sufficient evidence for a PIP award.

The ATOS PA4 assessment was the only evidence it seems they looked at because the inconsistencies were so glaring across the board.

My son was going to give up I am sure of it if I hadn't stepped in and helped.

Thanks to your documents I was able to produce a very short summary with areas I felt the Tribunal needed to be directed to as key points
Together with their questioning of my son, who I helped with going through and assuring him that what he already given was enough, and was then able to justly award PIP.

We really feel this is a shocking set up that someone got only 2 points and had to endure months of this to be awarded it at the Tribunal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alzon, ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 days ago #187789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal - WON!
Egrion

Very pleased to hear about the appeal, well done.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 days ago #187794 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Tribunal - WON!
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 days ago #187935 by Egrion
Replied by Egrion on topic Tribunal - WON!
My son's condition has deteriorated since the first assessment, should he report that? And will he have to go through a new assessment even though he now has the higher rate for living. Not looking to get an award for mobility

More
7 years 2 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #187949 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Tribunal - WON!
In theory, claimants should notify all changes to DWP. In practice, DWP are more interested in hearing about changes that would allow them to reduce the amount paid, rather than things that would increase payments!

Notification of change of circumstances could lead to another PIP2 form to complete +/- another face2face assessment. If you don't expect to gain from this, you might feel it is better to 'let sleeping dogs lie' rather than telling DWP about the deterioration.

Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Egrion

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.