× Members

PIP Renewal after 2 years

More
7 years 2 days ago #187880 by Dun
PIP Renewal after 2 years was created by Dun
Hi guys, my 2 years are up since getting my award with a lot of help from you.
I am now totally confused.
I got my letter on Saturday saying my pip ends on 27th July and that I need to claim again which is fair enough but the girl on the phone today said it would be a brand new claim and she would send me a PIP2 form. I asked should it not be the new renewal form I get and she was adamant that it was PIP2 and I would need an assessment again as if it was my first claim.
Can anyone advise please?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 days ago #187939 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Renewal after 2 years
Dun

We haven't seen any consistent approach to the issuing of the two forms, if they saying it will be a PIP2 then that is what you will have to complete. There are advantages and disadvantages to both form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dun

More
7 years 2 days ago #187950 by Dun
Replied by Dun on topic PIP Renewal after 2 years
Thanks for this Gordon!
To get my current award, I had to go to tribunal, will they know this when I sent my PIP2 form back or should I enclose a copy of the decision with the form I send back? Nothing has changed with my conditions.

Thanks

More
7 years 2 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #187953 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Renewal after 2 years
Hi Dun,

It is unlikely that the assessor will have any prior knowledge about you or your current claim. If they do, it is likely to be only the material that led to the refusal of PIP. So, it certainly will not hurt to send in a copy of the Tribunal decision - you should do your best to link this to your inability to complete the PIP descriptor activities.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dun

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.