× Members

How you spend the monry- PIP

More
6 years 11 months ago #188171 by black2cat
How you spend the monry- PIP was created by black2cat
Dear All,
Please would you kindly advise me on the following:

About two weeks ago my husband had his home face2face for PIP.
He is bed bound, I do everything for him. I am his full time carer, day and night.

I was under the impression that the award was based on point system, so
I was very surprised when the hcp asked me, what do we need the money for? As my husband was lying in bed and had trouble doing anything.

He said that the money is for being independent since I do not hire carers to help me, as I am his full time carer, I know exactly how everything affects him, and anyway the cost of carer would only pay for 1 an hour and half a day (not enough care time in a day) - he could not see the eligibility.

I said we need the PIP for warmth, special food, washing products, nappies, replacement clothes, vitamins and special supplements.

He said that bills and food do not count for the care. (keeping warm because of his conditions).

Does the hcp have any right to mark us on how we use the money or on how we spend it, as its all used for my husbands care and mobility.

And on the mobility side does only going out four times a year, to medical appointments have an affect on the amount of mobility award. That we cannot justify why we need it.

Are there any guidelines from the DWP for how the money should be awarded or how it’s spent.

We felt completely humiliated.
Kind regards,
black2cat xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188180 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How you spend the monry- PIP
black2cat

It is completely irrelevant to a PIP Decision what the claimant spends there money on, even if you spent all of it on Candyfloss it would not matter. I would consider making a complaint as it sounds to me as if the assessor is being potentially being judgemental about an award.

www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.