× Members

PIP medical tomorrow

More
6 years 11 months ago #188198 by Mitch61
PIP medical tomorrow was created by Mitch61
Hi all
Continuing to help my hubby prepare for his medial assessment tomorrow. This is the second assesssment, he went through this horrendous process at the end of 2015 and eventually after a reconsideration rejected he was awarded PIP by a tribunal which ended this April. We completed the required doc and sent evidence in for a review in good time but in a DWP admin error his case was closed with a action taken. After calling the DWP a complaints officer called back and gave him the medical assessment date.
I thought that they may look at the completed form and medical evidenced provided and make a decision without a medical assessment but the officer stated that my hubby claim was a new claim as the judge had awarded him for a limited time ( not sure about this ).
Anyway my main point is that his first assessment was full of incorrect statement of what was said or what physical examination took place.
I feel that I need to protect him from this happening again ...
I am diffidently going to ask their profession and knowledge of My hubbys diagnosis MS.
I am sure the sesssion cannot be recorded unless they agree which is unlikely , but I could take my own notes.... has anyone else done this or can suggest other things.
Thanks for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188203 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP medical tomorrow
Michelle

I'm afraid you have left it too late to have the assessment recorded if it is tomorrow, you need permission in advance and would have to provide the recording equipment.

You can take written notes.

You should certainly ask about the assessors knowledge of MS but be aware they are not required to have a detailed knowledge of any particular condition. This is not reason for your asking for another assessor!.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.