× Members

Re: PIP and going out

More
6 years 11 months ago #188199 by AlexG
Re: PIP and going out was created by AlexG
Hi,

Just a quick question.
My pip re-assessment went in on the start of January and i just got my assessment for next week. Does the change of the "going out" part effect me as it was before the changes.

I would also like to bring to the attention of the forum of #CripTheVoteUK campaign
The campaign will not support any particular political party, but will encourage disabled people to register to vote and use social media such as Twitter and Facebook to discuss discrimination, oppression and inequality and the policies and practices that most affect them.

Thank You

P
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188204 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re: PIP and going out
Purp

As the Decision will be after 16 March I would expect the DWP to apply the new Descriptors, you may be able to argue at appeal that they should not apply, but I would not be hopeful.

Are you actually affected by the change?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #188207 by AlexG
Replied by AlexG on topic Re: PIP and going out
Hi Gordon,

Well im not sure as ive had a look and it seems that the dwp will find it " seemingly " hard to untangle my physical disability with my anxiety about going out. I always have someone with me incase i take a tumble and thats where my anxiety comes from.

Thanks

P

More
6 years 11 months ago #188211 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re: PIP and going out
Purp

If your issues are with going out then (ignoring the physical cause), then you are assessing yourself in regard to Descriptors (b) and (e) which have not changed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #188213 by AlexG
Replied by AlexG on topic Re: PIP and going out
Thank you gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.