× Members

Tribunal statement of reasons questions

More
6 years 11 months ago #188210 by skippy75
Tribunal statement of reasons questions was created by skippy75
We just had a very bad tribunal experience while appealing a PIP decision and we are currently deciding what to do about it.

I was wondering if the DWP get a copy of the statement of reasons from the tribunal whether we request a copy or not? We were basically treated like criminals at the tribunal so we were worried the DWP might use it against us in future claims.

My second question was if we put in a complaint about one of the panel members does it stay anonymous?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188217 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal statement of reasons questions
Skippy

I'm sorry to hear this.

The Statement of Reasons is only produced if one of the parties, you or the DWP request it.

You can't make an anonymous complaint to the Tribunal Service as you have to identify the hearing that the complaint is relevant to!

www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-c...complaints-procedure

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: skippy75

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.