× Members

Capita and examinationS

More
6 years 11 months ago #188268 by DRAGON2009
Capita and examinationS was created by DRAGON2009
have a date for a face to face and am wondering what happens at the conclusion of the assessments. Do they read through the answers with you . I have read some post that the assessor tells them their recommendations for a time period (which is like indicating they have allocated enough points for some element of PIP) Also if you take a companion/partner how likely is it that the assessor will put questions to them ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188285 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capita and examinationS
XFACTOR

Some assessors will go through what they have written, most won't.

They should not make any remarks about an award.

I would not expect the assessor to ask any questions of a companion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #188292 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Capita and examinationS
Thank you Gordan
That is most helpful. Would they be likely to ask questions of the companion if they are a partner and/ or if the companion put in a written statement in support at the PIP 2 form stage?
?
Not all companions fancy being grilled or cross examined. I happen to think that having a companion can be helpful for moral support and also so they can support one if any kind of misconduct or misrepresentation occurs on the part of the assessor

More
6 years 11 months ago #188304 by Gordon
XFACTOR

I think they would be more likely to ask questions if the person was a partner or carer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #188317 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Capita and examinationS
Looking at the guide to HP's conducting PIP assessments it says

"Prior to concluding face-to-face consultations, HPs should give claimants an overview of the findings they have taken from the consultation"

What quite do they mean by this ? It goes on to say nothing should be said about entitlement but what is an overview of 'findings' ?

More
6 years 11 months ago #188318 by Gordon
XFACTOR

The following should not be taken too seriously.

So things they might cover.

I asked you how far you could walk, you said not more than 20m on any day, I've recorded that based on my observations you have no problems with walking.

Yes it is Friday evening on a Bank Holiday weekend :)

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.