× Members

Face-to-face HCP qualified to pass judgement

More
6 years 11 months ago #188290 by BlueSky
Does anybody know whether there's law or any other means stating we're entitled to a clinically qualified healthcare professional at the face-to-face assessment?

I mean specifically with qualifications within the area that concerns my disability.

The last HCP had never dealt with anyone with ASD and it showed by the utter BS she put down in her assessment. To put it lightly she hadn't a clue what she was dealing with and to cover up the fact she was way out of her depth wrote down as much rubbish she could to pad out the form so it looked like she'd done some work that day.

I want to know the best way of preventing that from ever happening again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188302 by Gordon
Blue Sky

I'm afraid not.

All assessors are trained in disability assessment to a standard set by the DWP. The DWP view is that assessors do not need to have experience with a claimants conditions as it is the limitations that result rather than the condition itself that is being looked at.

You cannot presume that the assessor is incapable of providing an acceptable assessment but it may be possible to argue that they were not once you have seen the assessment report, this is most likely to carry weight at a Tribunal rather than a Mandatory Reconsideration.

You should consider recording the assessment. You will need permission from the Assessment Provider in advance and will need to provide your own equipment capable of making two simultaneous recordings to tape or CD. Digital recordings are not allowed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSky

More
6 years 11 months ago #188310 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic Face-to-face HCP qualified to pass judgement
The NMC Code of Practice at 13.3 states

" ask for help from a suitably qualified and experienced healthcare professional to carry out any action or procedure that is beyond the limits of your competence"

it would seem any Nurse HCP who is not aware of a claiments medical or mental health condition and continues an assessment would be in breach of this section of the code of practice so a formal complaint to the NMC should be made.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188315 by Gordon
Bill

I'm afraid I don't actually agree with you on this one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.