× Members

PIP entitlements for other things at enhanced rate

More
6 years 11 months ago #188293 by keddi
First of all, apologies if this is covered elsewhere, i looked, but couldn't see anything.

I attended a PIP assessment four weeks ago with my 16 y old daughter and was surprised to find the Assessor very sympathetic. She listened carefully, encouraged her to provide more information to make sure we got the right number of points and was very thorough.

The result was that she was awarded the enhanced rate for both care and mobility which was a massive relief. I was dreading having to put her through an appeal process. So great outcome.

Now we have secured that extra help I was wondering if anyone knew what other help she may be entitled to? I know she could get free vehicle tax but she won't be learning to drive anytime soon. I think there is also help with council tax if you fit their criteria. Has anyone had help in other areas due to the PIP enhanced rate award? Anything that makes her life easier has to be worth pursuing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188305 by Gordon
Keddi

Having a look at the Passport section in the PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.