× Members

Called for a medical

More
6 years 11 months ago #188576 by Hjhowe
Called for a medical was created by Hjhowe
I'm currently in the support group, have been for a few years, and been called to my local centre for a medical. I'm worried I'll get taken out of the support group, not for any particular reason as my circumstances haven't changed, I think just because of what you read.
its been a couple of years since I last had to attend a medical, I'm wondering what has changed? Last time the person I had was very unpleasant and even though I'd asked that my husband needed to speak for me at times she wouldn't have it and made me do it, she wouldn't discuss what her training was either, and I think even asking her got her back up.
I'm terrified, any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188586 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Called for a medical
HJ

Nothing has really changed in regard to assessments, it is now a company called Maximus who do them rather than ATOS, but they acquired many of the buildings and assessors from ATOS when they took over.

The ESA Claim guides have a section at the back that covers the interview and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hjhowe

More
6 years 11 months ago #189623 by Hjhowe
Replied by Hjhowe on topic Called for a medical
So, I went for my medical and the assessor told me that I would probably be taken out of the support group. Not because I wasn't ill, she agreed I'm too ill to work, but the support group is meant to be a temporary thing and I've been in it too long. She says the DWP will be in touch. What happens next, I don't know, because I can't work yet can't stay in a support group? I'm stuffed I think

More
6 years 11 months ago #189639 by Gordon
HJ

The first thing to say is that the assessor does not make the Decision and it was very inappropriate for them to make the comments they did.

Secondly, you cannot be required to work or to seek work whilst you are receiving ESA, this includes claimants who are in the WRAG.

If you are moved to the WRAG then you still have the option of appealing the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #189643 by winterchild
Replied by winterchild on topic Called for a medical
The Support Group is supposed to be temporary and there are unspoken time limits? Is this a change of Policy?

Perhaps you meant the WRAG?

w.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189651 by Gordon

winterchild wrote: The Support Group is supposed to be temporary and there are unspoken time limits? Is this a change of Policy?

Perhaps you meant the WRAG?

w.

It's Government speak!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.