× Members

RE: Historical records-hospital admissions letters

More
6 years 11 months ago #188794 by thebadger
Hello! I am submitting my application for PIP for migration from a lifetime award of DLA.

I am wondering how relevant you might think it will be for me to submit letters detailing my hospital admittances, probation letters (danger to others) and letters detailing my being let go from a job due to my hospital admission for bipolar from the 1970s?
Some detail my erratic behaviour and difficulties which continue to this day such as issues with sleep patterns etc.

Should I mention how many short term jobs I have had previously? Might letters from within the first 10 years from I was diagnosed in 1969 be taken into consideration? (I received these documents following the death of my Mother in 1998). I am over 65 but born in 1949.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188832 by Gordon
thebadger

Those assessing you will only be interested in how your conditions have affected you over the last couple of years, so I think that including information from so long ago will simply muddy the waters. The exception to this would be if any of the letters give a diagnosis in which case they would be worth including if you do not have anything more recent.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.