× Members

PIP Assessment

More
6 years 10 months ago #190149 by Flowerpower70
Replied by Flowerpower70 on topic PIP Assessment
My son's points for the PIP assessment add up to 18 for the first part of the descriptors and he was awarded 12 points for one descriptor on mobility. I'm hoping that means that he will retain his motability car. Or can the DWP just ignore the assessment? Just wondered if you would know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190172 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment

Flowerpower70 wrote: My son's points for the PIP assessment add up to 18 for the first part of the descriptors and he was awarded 12 points for one descriptor on mobility. I'm hoping that means that he will retain his motability car. Or can the DWP just ignore the assessment? Just wondered if you would know.

It would be unusual for the DWP to ignore what appears to be a clear cut recommendation, they might remove or add a couple of points to the Daily Living, just to show that they have done their job, but unless there is something significantly wrong with the report I would expect him to receive the indicated award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flowerpower70

More
6 years 10 months ago #190556 by Flowerpower70
Replied by Flowerpower70 on topic PIP Assessment
Thank you for just being here. As you expected he does have the PIP and for ten years.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.