× Members

DLA to PIP Success - My story

More
6 years 11 months ago #188912 by LeChuck
DLA to PIP Success - My story was created by LeChuck
Hey all

I went from DLA to PIP just now. I was highest care and standard mobility DLA., for last 5 years

I was awarded enhanced daily living and standard mobility PIP., till 2020 (ie.2019, 2 years). I claim for difficulties with depression, anxiety and paranoia. The paranoia is not psychotic, more neurotic.

Very surprisingly, there was no medical, just a wait of about 8 weeks after sending off the claim. Like many people, I felt my application was very strong, tonnes of extra sheets and using the keywords very judiciously.

My cmht and gp are useless and provided scant evidence - only one recent letter, from care co ordinator, plus a raft of older material they printed off my records for me. I'm scared they are going to discharge me on the grounds I find them useless, but being farmed for easy wages( they do nothing and are incredibly unreliable) by them is very frustrating.

I got 13 points for living and 10 for mobility. My application was only a couple of days before mother theresa showed how the tories were going to treat mental health just as seriously as physical health, by making mobility physical only. I got an ESA letter firstly(thurs), then a council housing benefit letter (fri) and finally today (mon) the actual PIP letter. They were all dated the 28th. It's shambolic how this part of the process plays out and I would have ended up in A+E if, for eg, I found out thru HB that my PIP was not happening

The points seem really arbitrary and to be honest I am a bit concerned at getting zero for some. In fact if I hadn't got 4 for meals, I would have only got standard. I wonder if getting mobility on mental health grounds influenced things like getting only 2 points for mixing with other people (should have been way way more).

A ramble, sry.
The guides were extremely useful and I can sincerely recommend using them.

To me, PIP is like being in court. But instead of beyond reasonable doubt being enough to find against you, it is more that any narrative 'prosecuting' you is enough to fail you, if that makes any sense at all.

So answer every question like it is the only one. Repeat yourself if applicable on every question - don't assume the reader will be lookng to help you. Liberally use the actual keywords, use a thesaurus for other words that you find yourself using a lot. Don't exaggerate but do elaborate - less is definitely not more in this case.

Don't be embarrassed, go hard, warts and all.

Their job is to find a reason to fail you. Do everything you can to make this as hard as possible for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP Success - My story
MrWoofer

Glad to hear that your award was the same, that's an achievement in itself. Well done.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeChuck

More
6 years 11 months ago #189196 by apples6
Replied by apples6 on topic DLA to PIP Success - My story
Hi Wishing you or moderator and moderator would be so kind as to specific a view things you mentioned:

1 Using the keywords judiciously: which ones are they or selection of please

2 repeat: repeat what specifically thanks or eg of a couple

Many thanks all and Well Done Mr W agree with a lot of what you say it is like a battle and then some Apples 6

More
6 years 11 months ago #189220 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP Success - My story
Apple

Most of the Descriptors use specific words or phrases we suggest, where applicable, that claimants echo back those words and phrases when the complete the forms.

As an example, the Going Out Descriptor uses the phrase "overwhelming psychological distress" for (b) and (e).

Many of the activities can have similar root causes. You cannot assume that mentioning problems in one activity will result in those assessing you expecting you to have similar problems with another, you need to repeat your problems every time that you are affected.

For example problems with a claimants grip might affect their ability to complete the Preparing Food, Washing and Bathing and Dressing and Undressing activities.

I hope this helps.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: apples6

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.