× Members

Good News - ESA SG

More
6 years 11 months ago #189274 by sjdh75
Good News - ESA SG was created by sjdh75
Hello everyone. I found out yesterday (through phoning the ESA helpline) that I have been put in the support group for 18 months. I still haven't had the letter but l, wonderfully, my backdated money appeared in my bank accout today. I want to thank Benefits and Work and particularly Gordon whose support has been invaluable. I had my WCA 2 weeks ago. I had been waiting nearly 2 years for my assessment (the long delay was due to an administrative error). in the month leading up to my face to face assessment I was sick with worry, could think of nothing but the assessment and couldn't sleep. I was an absolute nervous wreck on the day and I was terrified of (after all the terrible experiences many people have had with their WCA) being declared fit for work. I saw a real doctor and she was really lovely (I was worried that it was maybe a trick). I was in the assessment for about 40 minutes. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, sleep apnoea, depression, chronic lower back and pelvic pain, prolapses and B12 deficiency. I have been very lucky to have such a good experience and to have a fully qualified doctor to assess me that was genuinely empathetic and respectful. I wish that everyone had the same experience as me. I am so relieved and I woild like to wish everyone going for their assessments ESA or PIP, all the best of luck. I had a lovely assessor too last year for my PIP claim (after severe stress and worry before the assessment) and I was awarded higher rate care and standard mobility. The last two years has been very traumatic and resulted in a deterioration in my mental health and my ability to cope with my physical conditions including chronic pain. I am very fortunate to have had postivie outcomes in both cases and I am grateful for that but I spoke to really horrible people on dwp helplines along the way that talked to me like I was nothing and I ended up sobbing and feeling worthless. I don't think I could've coped with tribunals. Just hope I cam have a little peace now for a year before it all starts again. Anyway, sorry for the mega long post - good luck everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189282 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Good News - ESA SG
sjdh

Congratulations, I'm very pleased for you.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #189286 by sjdh75
Replied by sjdh75 on topic Good News - ESA SG
Thank you Gordon. The work you do is amazing. A thousand thanks is not enough. Feel like I can breathe again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.