× Members

Pip appeal

More
6 years 11 months ago #189292 by Ian
Pip appeal was created by Ian
We are in a bit of a quandary. Our mandatory reconsideration came back unchanged at standard rate for care, 9 points care and 10 points mobility. Consultants letter sent with the mandatory reconsideration states that I am unable to walk more than 20 metres and have severe issues standing from a seated position and this statement was totally ignored. (Complicated surgery pending with minimum 12 months + recovery time) Also my diabetes issues which has a direct affect on my physical issues have been ignored and we informed them of this problem when we completed the original pack. Would this evidence would be enough in the tribunal. Advise please as this is our first attempt at Pip and so far we have done it on our own. Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks Denise and Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip appeal
Ian

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Your evidence seems reasonable, in fact it is unusual for a doctor to make such a specific statement so it should have some weight.

An appeal will be a complete re-hearing of the evidence and the appeal panel will treat all of the evidence as equal, unlike the DWP Decision Maker who almost always favours the assessment report.

You will need to show that you cannot reliably stand and move more than 20m on the majority of days. The requirement for the activity to be done reliably may also help as may the majority of days.

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Campbell , Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.