× Members

ESA Support Group Occupational / Personal Pensions

More
6 years 11 months ago #189332 by bytespc
Hi, just had two letters this morning re the subject title, I have been on ESA Support Group and it's pre-decessors since 1999 and have never been asked for information about my Annuity or Personal Works Pension before as all the relevant info is automatically sent to the relevant departments automatically via my P60 etc and of course my income has never been taken into account due to the year my initial claim was accepted.

I'm probably being paranoid but I phoned the number on the letters ( the same for both ) and a call centre person said they already had all my relevant information ( he read it to me from his screen ) and also six days before these letters I had my annual increase confirmed from the same department, he told me it was a computer error and not to send anything even though the letters state that failure to reply with the required information in a fortnight will trigger a mandatory review.

Help..what do I do ?

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189345 by Gordon
Doug

Your forum name appears to be your email address, you must change this immediately or you risk your email being picked up by a spam bot or similar.

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The person you spoke to in the ESA call centre is not part of the department asking for this information so I am not convinced that they have the authority to tell you that you do not need to send the information in.

I would send it as the DWP do have the authority to suspend your ESA payments if the request is not complied with.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bytespc

More
6 years 11 months ago #189355 by sheeps68
I've been in ESA support group contributions based and had my payments adjust accordingly with my occupational pension. As such I receive almost nothing but they do still pay my national insurance stamp so still very much worth while claiming. If you are on income based ESA your pension is very much an issue.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189401 by bytespc
I have never had to answer these questions before as my original award was made in 1999 thus all my income is exempt, I wondered if the law had changed in the past year to abolish the exemption rules ?.

Sorry to hear of your deductions , god knows it's not enough to live on.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189443 by Gordon
Bytespc

There's been no changes to the legislation.

My best guess is that they have no record from when you were on IB as the DWP appear to have either lost or destroyed everything from then. Bottom line, where it's disregarded or not, the DWP have the right to ask for the information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.