× Members

f2f for ASD son, 18

• Christina Cramsie
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #189416 by Christina Cramsie
f2f for ASD son, 18 was created by Christina Cramsie
Hello, this is the first time i have posted on here. I have an 18 yr old son who has ASD and anxiety, I am his appointee. He has been on DLA since he was 10, and he had his f2f for PIP this week. I got an advocate to attend as well, but I feel it didnt go well. The assessor (ATOS) kept firing questions at my son (she was very abrupt), my son couldnt answer them straight away (slow processing) and she didnt give him time to think. She answered some of the questions for him. She did let me answer some, my son doesnt go out hardly except to college, he has no friends and is isolated. She said the budgeting questions didnt apply because I pay all the bills. I could go on but I think you get the gist. I am not confident he will be awarded anything. I dread to think what would have happened if I hadnt been there, surely the fact he needs an advocate and has visible difficulties communicating must count for something?
So I am expecting to have to ask for a mandatory reconsideration.
I just have a couple of questions; will i get to see her report with my decision? If not, can I request it, and when?
She also got reports from a couple of other places which I didnt know about until she quoted from them at the interview, can I get a copy of those?
I am thinking of putting a complaint in about her treatment of my son, is there a time limit to do this? We were in the assessment for less than half an hour, can I complain about that? Will complaining about her go against my son/me in any way?
I feel traumatised by the experience, and it wasnt even my appointment!
Thank you for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189497 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic f2f for ASD son, 18
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You need to request the assessment report, you can do this by contacting the DWP office dealing with your son's claim.

You can ask for copies of the additional reports when you speak to the DWP, they may be able to provide you with copies but it may be necessary for you to make a Subject Access Request for them.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

I would hold off making a complaint until you have seen the report.

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

making a complaint should have no ongoing effect on your son's claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christina Cramsie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.