× Members

CB ESA and now claiming IR part..

More
6 years 11 months ago #189425 by Interuppted
CB ESA and now claiming IR part.. was created by Interuppted
Hi all,
Please excuse the bullet points but it's the only way that my brain can relay the information..

1. Have MS and retired from work. 2013.
2. Work related pension now worth 465.00 pcm
3. Been claiming CB ESA for 3 years in support group now 200.00 fortnightly
4. Partner left me a month ago and as that meant his money went with him I thought I'd see if I qualified for the income related part of ESA as it would also be a path to Housing Beneit etc.
5. Rang Jobcentre Plus and asked if there were any updates yet and the nice lady on the other end of the phone said to me that I should get some advice from Citizens Advice as I could be worse off because of the different way that my Pension would be worked in to the calculations. I could stop the application if I wanted to. This isn't what I understtod..
6. Called Citiziens Advice and no appts for 3 weeks by which time it will be too late because my application would have been processed.

I'd appreciate any help at all..

Thanks a lot.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189475 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CB ESA and now claiming IR part..
Interuppted

You can't be paid less ESA than you already are. If the calculated ESA(IR) amount is less than what you are currently receiving with your ESA(CB) then you will continue to receive you ESA(CB) as it is.

I assume you have completed an ESA3 for the DWP?

You may be able to get an idea of your entitlement by putting your details into one of the online benefit calculators.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #189579 by Interuppted
Replied by Interuppted on topic CB ESA and now claiming IR part..
Thanks for your reply Gordon,

I think you've answered my question :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.