× Members

ESA claim

More
6 years 11 months ago #189423 by NoOneIsListening
ESA claim was created by NoOneIsListening
If anyone gets to read this, HELP! I completed the ESA50 Form for my son in 2014 (thanks to help from Benefits and Work) and I sent in loads of evidence and he was successfully placed in the Support Group. Just received another ESA50 (deadline 8 June). Is this a brand new process for us? Will any of the original evidence be available to the assessor? Do I have to get another "fit" note from our GP? Our son is 31 years old, has autism and learning difficulties plus rare medical conditions. That hasn't changed! Do I have to treat this form as if we are starting again? I have kept a copy of the previous responses. Advice very gratefully received please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim
Susan

I have moved your post to it's own topic, please don't post your questions in other member's topics as it leads to the wrong advice being given or taken.

You should treat this new ESA50 as if you are making a new claim. Complete the ESA50 in full based on how his conditions are now and include any relevant evidence as you ca, even if it was submitted last time.

It's very unlikely that those assessing him will refer to any of the documentation from 2014.

You do not need to provide a Fit Note when he already has an award.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.