× Members

Success mandaory reconsideration

• Mr Hashmukh Patel
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #190074 by Mr Hashmukh Patel
Success mandaory reconsideration was created by Mr Hashmukh Patel
Hello I just wanted to say BIG THANK YOU for your excellent guide to PIP forms and how to appeal. I got the brown envelop in November 2016 and was told to return the form in 4 weeks however the I got was 10 days late and I asked for extension and they extended by 2 weeks. It was very stressful to fill 40 pages but with your guide it made it easy. I received the F2F in January 2017 and it was to take place where I was not familiar, therefore we got late by 15 minutes and were told they will not see us but we told them it was difficult for us to find the place. We insisted that we are going to sit in the reception area until they close the office as the assessor is booked for 1 hour. While we waited they called to say that another assessor will see us in an hour. My wife came with me.

F2F was very stressful as they ask me to do some movements and lots of question, however we answered best as possible and was told they will write to us. Few weeks after I got my another brown letter stating that I have been awarded enhance rate for daily living 13 points and no award for mobility due to they only scores 4 points.

I asked them for mandatory reconsideration after providing further 3 medical professional letters and few phone calls, I got the brown envelop in May 2017 which stated that I have been awarded enhance rate for daily living till 2027 as the score went to 16 points and enhance rate of mobility to 12 points. Hooray got what I should be on from DLA to PIP thought the rate is slightly lower then what I use to get when I was with DLA. This was very stressful time and due to my medical condition I needed to avoid stress which could bring in heart attack. Do not give up.

Thanks again Benefits and Work, I have been a member for a few years and have found you so helpful. I definitely wouldn't have this result with out you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #190083 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Success mandaory reconsideration
H

Congratulations on the award and well done for fighting your corner.

The rates for PIP are the same as DLA so there should be no difference in your payments if the award is the same.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.