× Members

Pip assessment from dla

More
6 years 10 months ago #190161 by dawny
Pip assessment from dla was created by dawny
Hi I tried to get in touch last week didn't know you was off. I'm in panic station , I've been on dla for 20years due to my back. I've had many operations had to hv 2discs taken out and rods and plates fitted. I'm waiting for another operation to have a nerve root stimulator fitted but not sure when . I've also had a up to date MRI done and it's come back I've now also got another disc starting to bulge.
I'm panicking about it , I got some help filling my form in they wrote it out for me as I'm not good at writing due to my fingers been numb. My memory isn't very good and I keep forgetting my answers as I hv trouble remembering things. Can I have my form next to me so I can open it and read from there. Also I'm in bed most of the time due to swelling in my feet and ankles , I'm I ok to stay in bed or come down stairs. I've got my ex husband coming to help me while they are here. Thk u

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190179 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment from dla
Dawny

First of all have a look at the PIP Claim guide, there is a section at the back that cover the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

If you need to refer to your form then this is perfectly OK, just explain why you are having to do so, but do try and your own words on the day to explain your problems rather than reading directly from the form.

Again, it's perfectly OK for you to have the assessment while you are in bed, if this is how your limitations affect you on a daily basis.

Good luck for the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190180 by dawny
Replied by dawny on topic Pip assessment from dla
Hi thank you I've got all the info from yourself from the sheets. Ïm dreading it.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190260 by dawny
Well had my assessment this morning got a feeling I won't get the points I need , I'd taken my morphine so was nearly falling asleep when she came , think I may have got my answers mixed up . At the end all she said was it takes up to 6weeks for a reply . Do I Just wait , or can I ring dwp up and ask for a copy of the report .

More
6 years 10 months ago #190279 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment from dla
Dawny

PIP Decisions are taking about 2-4 weeks at the moment.

You should be able to get a copy of the report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim in a couple of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190616 by dawny
Hi I struggle with conversation on the phone can I get someone else to ring up for my copy of report . Or is it just me ,.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pamela Francis

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.