× Members

Am I eligible for PIP

More
6 years 10 months ago #190300 by markperky
Am I eligible for PIP was created by markperky
Hi
I am getting mixed answers if i am eligible for PIP.
I have stage 4 Prostate cancer and been given up to 3 years to live. I also have type 2 Diabeties and arthritis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190320 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Am I eligible for PIP
markperky

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am afraid that you do not qualify for a Special Rules claim. Forgive me but there is no easy way of putting this, there would need to be an expectation of death within six months for you to qualify for this.

So this will be a normal claim for PIP based on what difficulties you have in completing the PIP activities.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for a better understanding of the claim process and the criteria you will need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: markperky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.