× Members

Pip assessment from dla

More
6 years 11 months ago #190315 by Joalan
Pip assessment from dla was created by Joalan
My assessment will be on Monday 5th June. My anxiety levels are already very high for some very similar reasons to Dawny.
I was awarded DLA three years ago, Higher mobility and medium care, due to a back condition which I had suffered with for many years but had got to the point where I could no longer work following a car accident that caused further injuries to other areas of my back. Since this time I have a followup MRI showed issues in my neck which have worsened considerably and a confirmed diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, which has also been a factor for many years but is now affecting my mobility a lot more.
I was advised by my GP, for at least the last 3 years, before finishing, to give up work and eventually did when, due to a combination of the pain I was having to endure and the level of pain relief I was on, I could no longer actually manage to carry out my job due to lack of concentration and difficulty in sorting facts and figures making paperwork an impossible task that I could no longer keep up with.
As I am 'only' sixty years old it will be another six years before I am able to claim my pension, I am worried sick that we will fall into debt and be unable to feed ourselves adequately or keep ourselves warm if this benefit, the first we have ever claimed in our lives is withdrawn.
I had help from the local CAB to complete the form but of course it is up to us to deal with the assessment which took a huge effort to move from a centre to our home.
My husband and I have looked through all of the relevant sections of your guides but they do not install confidence, particularly as the majority of my difficulties stem from muscular skeletal issues. Is there anything further we could be doing to assist us to get through this assessment?

Joalan ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #190332 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment from dla
J

I have moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other people's topics as it can lead to confusion over the advice required and given.

There's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Apart from that, all I can really suggest is that you go through your PIP2 to make sure that you are familiar with the arguments in it as to why you meet the POIP Criteria.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.