× Members

face to face assesment for pip

More
6 years 10 months ago #190331 by halfawhale
face to face assesment for pip was created by halfawhale
I have been sent an appointment for a face to face assessment for PIP. I did request a home visit but I have been sent an appointment I have to attend. What must I do to have this changed to a home visit. I have in the past have had home assessments for DLA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190338 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic face to face assesment for pip

halfawhale wrote: I have been sent an appointment for a face to face assessment for PIP. I did request a home visit but I have been sent an appointment I have to attend. What must I do to have this changed to a home visit. I have in the past have had home assessments for DLA.

I'm afraid you are unlikely to get a home assessment without a letter from your GP explaining why you cannot attend at the Assessment Providers offices. Almost all DLA assessments were done in the claimants home, it is the reverse for PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190480 by halfawhale
Replied by halfawhale on topic face to face assesment for pip
Hi Gordon I phoned to ask for a review on my wife having a home assessment visit, and the very next day got a letter saying she could not have one, no mention of how they came to their decision and why she was refused.
Somehow they managed to review if she was intituled to a home assessment and post a reply to my request in less than 24 hours astonishing . I have now received a letter supporting our request from her GP for a home assessment visit and will be posting it to them with a written request for a reconsideration. Is there anything I could do to increase our chances of getting the home assessment, because it will put my wife under a lot of stress if she has to travel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.