× Members

Confused. Com

More
6 years 10 months ago #190407 by Amanda w
Confused. Com was created by Amanda w
After my assessment I have received 0 points. I have rheumatoid arthritis and depression. When I request a mantatory reconsideration do I put all the lies that the registered nurse had put on my medical. Having a fused right wrist with a metal rod and bone removed from my thumb would I be able to self propel a wheelchair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #190419 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused. Com
Amanda

I did reply when you posted yesterday. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=116472

If there are factual inaccuracies or omissions then you should certainly point these out, your wrist problems would certainly be something to mention, but to re-emphasise my previous advice, an award can only be made by your showing that you meet the criteria for one, so following on from the above, you must explain why your wrist problems would not allow you to use a wheelchair, if you have not already done so, you cannot assume that the DM will make the leap from your wrist problems to your being unable to use a wheelchair.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #190472 by Amanda w
Replied by Amanda w on topic Confused. Com
The registered nurse had put "I sit and watch the telly for an hour". I never said that. So that's where I've lost my points for not being able to remain in a sitting or standing before moving away. Is that right. ? Also because they had said I could propel myself in a wheel chair after 200metre. I've lost my points there . Is that right. ? These are the two where I should get 15 points. I'm totally confused with these questions now. I had been on ESA for 4 years up until now. Amanda

More
6 years 10 months ago #190512 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused. Com
Amanda

Certainly if the DM believed you could sit for at least an hour watching TV of otherwise, then you would not have scored for the Standing and Sitting activity and if you have not explicitly stated that you cannot propel a manual wheelchair, then the DM will have assumed that you can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.